Gluten & Dairy Free Organic Cookies
Ok, so these are not an everyday thing. There are far more nutrient dense foods you should be eating. But why deprive yourself when you can make these amazing cookies? In less than 20 minutes you can make a tasty treat for the whole family (or just yourself) to enjoy. Once a week I’ll make a little treat like this and enjoy it guilt free, knowing there are no hidden nasties in them!
- 1 cup almond butter- this is about a 170g jar, you can use less but why would you?
- 3 x eggs (free range, omega 3)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, this is heaped, solid oil so about half a cup melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder (I used Green & Blacks)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 cup dried blueberries-this is optional, any dried fruit will work or leave it out.
- Melt coconut oil and honey and blend with eggs and almond butter. I used an electric blender as the almond butter is thick.
- Sieve cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut flour into a separate mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the liquids from the blender into mixing bowl and mix well with powder.
- You may need to add a little more coconut flour if it’s too runny, small amounts until you have a nice ‘doughy’ texture.
- Fold in the dried fruit and desiccated coconut
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil on lined baking tray
- Roll into small compact balls and place them on baking tray and flatten them into cookie shapes. This is a bit messy, some coconut oil on your hands helps!
- How big you make them is up to you! I’ve made 14 small cookies or 6 giant cookies!
- Bake on 180 for 10-12 minutes in a fan assisted oven, you may need to adjust this. I found they are best when they are just turning slight brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Boom, enjoy! Leave me your feedback and share this using the social sharing buttons below!