Create Your Own Smoothie
The great thing about making a smoothie is you get to throw in what you like to suit your current goals. They make an ideal breakfast giving you a massive nutrient boost first thing in the morning.
I get asked for recipes to make tasty, nutritious smoothies on a regular basis. So, here I have laid out a template for you to use. Once you have played around with a few variations, you will find one that you really like and keeps you feeling full.
I highly recommend getting a Nutri Bullet, they are fast, make the best smoothies and what’s more – easy to clean!
Makes 2 Servings
2 cups Leafy Greens
• Romaine Lettuce
• Bok Choy
• Swiss chard
2 Cups Liquid
• Water – Best choice, so simple!
• Coconut milk
• Almond milk
Use frozen fruit or add some ice!
1 cup Fruit
Protein – 1 Serving
• Add 1 Scoop of protein powder – Ideally a pea, hemp or rice protein powder
• Add a raw egg (make sure its organic, you wont even notice it in there)
Add Some Fats (choose 1 or 2)
• 1tbsp MCT oil
• Handful Nuts (no peanuts)
• 1 tbsp Nut Butter (no peanuts)
• 1tbsp Chia Seeds
• 1tbsp Flax Seeds
• 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
Spice it up…
• Add cinnamon – helps blood sugar levels
• Add ginger – aids digestion
• Add Turmeric – anti-inflammatory